10 Principles for Turning into a Killer (Copywriter)

Accurate phone number list discussion.
Jannat12

10 Principles for Turning into a Killer (Copywriter)

Post by Jannat12 »

10 Principles for Turning into a Killer (Copywriter) In spite of being a literary snob, when I was first introduced to the world of direct-response copywriting … I fell in love. I fell in love with the thought of using my writing to influence and persuade people. I also fell in love with the idea of getting rich. (I wanted to be a wealthy snob). But the road between loving it and actually writing with great skill (and making obscene amounts of money) is a long one.

And I had one particular Phone Number List road block: I was the poet, but certainly not the killer … That would’ve been beneath me. See, as a new copywriter I wanted what I wrote to sound so good that people would cock their heads, grin, and say, “Boy, you are so clever!” In other words, I wanted my ego to get stroked because of my creativity. Unfortunately that desire held me back. I didn’t write effective copy until I humbled myself and became that killer. And I didn’t become that killer until I understood the following ten principles behind effective sales copy … 1. The only purpose of advertising Advertising is nothing more than a planned and purposeful neglect of everything except making the sale.

This means you need to include things in sales copy that support that plan — exalting benefits, building trust, overcoming objections. Discard anything that doesn’t achieve those purposes. If you walk away from this post with only one lesson, let it be this: Good advertising is defined by actual revenue. 2. Treat sales copy like a salesman Since your single goal is to make the sale, treat your copy like a salesperson and evaluate it on performance. Does it sell or doesn’t it? If it sells, keep it and attempt to squeeze even more out of it. If it isn’t selling, fire it.